How to publish blog posts and articles on LinkedIn Pulse
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network and it’s a great way to increase brand awareness, to reach, nurture and acquire professional customers on and off the LinkedIn platform and ultimately drive leads to get in touch with you. It’s really easy and can be a great way to:
- Keep in touch with your LinkedIn connections
- Be more visible on LinkedIn, your content becomes part of your professional profile, it’s displayed on the Posts section of your LinkedIn profile
- It’s shared with your connections and followers
- Those LinkedIn members not in your network can now follow you from your post and receive updates when you publish next
- It promotes your blog posts to a wider audience
- Establish yourself as a thought-leader within your industry
- Your post is searchable both on and off of LinkedIn
- Some of the most popular topics on LinkedIn are on self-improvement and business tips
Get a feeling on what other people are saying
Here’s how to locate the some of the top LinkedIn posts, to see how people are already using the publishing platform, have a look at some of the top performing posts.
- Scroll down to “Pulse” from the Interests tab in the main navigation.
- Select “Top Posts” to surface the top-performing posts that day.
- Start reading.
Get started and publish your LinkedIn post
On the top of your LinkedIn homepage, click on “Publish a post”. This takes you to the LinkedIn post editor.
Clicking on “Publish a post” takes you to the post editor. This is simple but has everything you need to create a great piece of content. This is how the post editor looks like:
What should I write about?
Write about challenges you or your industry faces, opportunities or new trends in your industry. Your posts should show your authority and your professional expertise, perhaps lessons you’ve learned and topics you are passionate about.
Share your post as soon as you publish and aim to get people to like, share and comment.
Publish on days when most people use LinkedIn, this tends to be business hours.You can further refine times by targeting times when people you want to read are at their desks, this can be before work, lunch hours, or the end of the business day.
LinkedIn specifically recommends tagging your posts and add up to 3 tags in each post but have to use the LinkedIn categories. To add tags:
- Scroll to the bottom of your post.
- Click the Tag icon next to Add tags like consulting, sales, marketing…
- Click into the text box and begin typing.
- Select an available tag from the drop-down.
Hope these tips will help you blogging and that our Thrive tips help your LinkedIn posts be seen further.
Thrive - developing connections for growth
If you want to keep up to date with networking hints and tips or would like to find out more about how to make business connections and networking in Norwich and Norfolk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 01603 597727