Any relationship in life is important, relationships are just as important in business as in your personal life. Relationship building from a business position can help you in many many ways.
Within the Thrive Community it’s vital to know, like and trust but importantly understand the people you are meeting with, this makes it much easier to approach them, no matter the issue or reason. At Thrive we feel that you need to regularly meet and communicate with your trusted community, these are the like-minded people who can give you the push you need to meet and surpass your business goals.
- Sharing information what’s new in the marketplace or what’s happening in your local area
- Sharing of information and advice
- Sharing leads
- Investing and instigating new breaks
- Word-of-mouth marketing
- Uncovering new opportunities
- Finding potential new collaborative partners, coworkers, and employees to grow your business
- Relationships create new relationships and business relationships can turn into good friendships
- Manage your reputation
- Avoids isolation
- Stimulates your mind
- Add value to your offer
- Helps you retain current customers
- Feel like you are part of something genuine
- Grow your brand – be seen
- Receive coaching and mentoring
- Build your own trusted community
Be willing to reciprocate. Remember that there is a give and a take in all relationships. If you aren’t willing to be there for someone who has been (or even who would be) there for you, that person will be less likely to help you out if you need it.
It’s not all about the benefits. Don’t get so focused on the end goal that you forget that it’s possible you won’t benefit from the relationship.
Finally, be genuine, treat others as you’d want to be treated, and welcome conversations, feedback and new ideas. You’ll make new friends and maybe even get new customers in the process!
Lorna Burroughes – together we mean business